Nostradamus.org Forums
November 23, 2017, 01:15:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Nostradamus.org - biography, quatrains and all things Nostradamus!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: THE FOUR NOBLE TRUTHS OF LIFE  (Read 10738 times)
batman624

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2014, 07:13:31 PM »

There are suffering, wars and personal quarrels because of lack of wisdom, desire, lack of love/conditional love and mental pains.

THE FOUR NOBLE TRUTHS (REVISED)

I. THERE ARE SUFFERING AND FIGHTING IN THE WORLD

II. THERE ARE CAUSES OF FIGHTING AND SUFFERING:
         1. Lack of wisdom
         2. Desire
         3. Lack of love/conditional love
         4. Psychological pains, social fears and anger (caused by painful words and deeds)

III. THERE IS AN END TO SUFFERING AND FIGHTING

IV. THIS IS THE WAY TO END FIGHTING AND SUFFERING:
         1. Seek wisdom - read the books "Song of the Bird" by Anthony de Mello, the Holy Bible
                                 and the teachings of Buddha. Wisdom brings universal love and contentment to a person
         2. Contentment - wisdom and mental-perfection brings contentment and inner peace
         3. Universal love - Wisdom, contentment and mental-perfection brings universal love to a person's mind
         4. Mental-perfection - Meditate and undergo Primal Therapy

to contact me, send an email to : bruce_wayne625@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 08:50:14 PM by batman624 » Logged
batman624

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 06:38:09 PM »

THE CONTENTED FISHERMAN
The industrialist was horrified to find the fisherman lying beside his boat, smoking a
pipe.
“Why aren’t you out fishing?” said the industrialist.
“Because I have caught enough fish for the day.”
“Why don’t you catch some more?”
“What would I do with it?”
“Earn more money. Then you could have a motor fixed to your boat and go into
deeper waters and catch more fish. Thai would bring you money to buy nylon nets, so
more fish, more money. Soon you would have enough to buy two boats... even a fleet of
boots. Then you could be rich like me.”
“What would I do then?”
“Then you could really enjoy life.”
“What do you think I am doing now?”

- this is one of the many short stories featured in the book "Song of the Bird" by Anthony de Mello, a Catholic priest
batman624

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 06:41:57 PM »

THE DIAMOND
When the sannyasi reached the outskirts of the village and settled under a tree for the
night, a villager came running up to him and said, “The stone! The stone! Give me the
precious stone!”
“What stone?” asked the sannyasi.
“Last night Lord Shiva told me in a dream that if I went to the outskirts of the village
at dusk a sannyasi would give me o stone that would make me rich forever.”
The sannyasi rummaged in his sack and, pulling out a stone, he said, “He probably
meant this one. I found it in the forest yesterday. Here, it’s yours if you want it.”
The man gazed at the stone in wonder. It was the largest diamond in the world—the
size of a man’s head.
All night he tossed about in bed. At break of day he woke the sannyasi and said, “Give
me the wealth that makes it possible for you to give this stone away.”

- this is one of the many short stories featured in the book "Song of the Bird" by Anthony de Mello, a Catholic priest

Nostradamus.org Forums
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 06:41:57 PM »

batman624

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 07:48:22 PM »

A VITAL DIFFERENCE
Uwais, the Sufi, was once asked:
“What has Grace brought you?”
He replied:
“When I wake in the morning I feel like a man who is not sure he will live till
evening.”
Said the questioner:
“But doesn’t everyone know this?”
Said Uwais:
“They certainly do. But not all of them feel it.”

batman624

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 07:50:55 PM »

THE BAMBOOS
Brownie, our dog, sat looking up the tree; ears cocked, and tail tensely wagging. He
was attending to a monkey. Just one thing filled his consciousness: the monkey. No
thought disturbed his total concentration, no worry for tomorrow. Brownie was the
nearest thing to Contemplation I have ever seen.
You may have experienced some of this yourself when you were totally absorbed
watching a cat at play.
Here is a formula for Contemplation, as good as any 1 know: Be totally in the present.
Drop every thought of the future, drop every thought of the past, drop every image and
abstraction, and come into the present. Contemplation will arise!
After years of training, the disciple begged his Master to bring him to Enlightenment.
The Master led him to a bamboo grove and said, “See that bamboo, how tall it is ?
See that other one there, how short it is?”
And the disciple was enlightened.

batman624

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 03:17:21 PM »

HOLINESS IN THE PRESENT MOMENT
Buddha was once asked, “What makes a person holy?” He replied, “Every hour is
divided into a cer-tain number of seconds and every second into a certain number of
fractions. Anyone who is able to be totally present in each fraction of a second is holy.”
The Japanese warrior was captured and thrown into prison. At night he could not
sleep for he was convinced he would be tortured next morning.
Then the words of his Master came to him: “Tomorrow is not real. The only reality is
now.”
So he came to the present — and fell asleep.
The person over whom the Future has ‘lost its grip: How like the birds of the air and
the lilies of the field. No anxieties for the morrow. Total presence in the now. Holiness!

batman624

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 03:20:14 PM »

MY FRIEND
Malik, son of Dinar, was upset about the profligate behaviour of a youth who lived
next door. For a long time he did nothing, hop-ing someone else would intervene. But
when the youth’s behaviour became intolerable Malik went to him and insisted that he
change his ways.
The youth calmly replied he was a protégé of the Sultan, so no one could prevent him
from living as he wished.
Said Malik, “I shall personally complain to the Sultan.” Said the youth, “That will be
a waste of time because the Sultan will not change his mind.”
“1 shall then denounce you to Allah,” Malik said. “Allah,” said the youth, “is far too
forgiving to condemn me.”
What hurt the most was that, like the others, my closest friend kept urging me to
change. So I felt powerless and trapped.
One day he said “Don’t change. I love you as you are.”
Those words were music to my ears: “Don’t change. Don’t change. Don’t change... I
love you as you are.”
I relaxed. I came alive. And, suddenly, I changed!
Now I know that I couldn’t really change till I found someone to love me whether I
changed or not.
Is this how you love me, God?

Nostradamus.org Forums
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 03:20:14 PM »

batman624

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 02:13:21 AM »

"Patience is the most important thing in the world."
                            - Confucius
batman624

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 02:15:22 AM »

"The three gateways to hell are: Greed, Lust and Anger."
                                     - Lord Krishna
cusack5239

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 02:37:37 PM »

Hes not saying anything new. The Catholic Church, the only Church of Jesus Christ which He founded, has always taught that there are 7 deadly sins: those three plus Pride, Gluttony, Envy and Sloth.

The IDOL at our Cathedral has from the heart, a green ray (greed), a pink ray (lust) and its a painting of Osuma Bin Ladden (anger).

See my book on Antichrist 666.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 02:49:55 PM by cusack5239 » Logged
batman624

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 11:57:01 PM »

the size of a thing that makes a person angry is the size of that person
Nostradamus.org Forums
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 11:57:01 PM »

cusack5239

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 10:50:05 AM »

There is always hope with Jesus and His followers." I will raise them up on the last day." Repent and believe in the Good News."
batman624

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2014, 04:40:39 AM »

people seek happiness in the wrong places.

some seek happiness in material things, some seek happiness in money, possessions, fame, drugs, alcohol, etc.
but these things are false and futile.

seek the Kingdom of God or enlightenment (Luke 17:20-21, Matthew 6:33)

What a person should do is seek enlightenment (as Lord Buddha puts it) or the Kingdom of God (as Lord Jesus puts it).

Once a person gains enlightenment, the kingdom of God will come within him:

"And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." (Luke 17:20-21)

There are suffering, wars and personal quarrels because of lack of wisdom, desire, lack of love/conditional love and mental pains.

THE FOUR NOBLE TRUTHS (REVISED)

I. THERE ARE SUFFERING AND FIGHTING IN THE WORLD

II. THERE ARE CAUSES OF FIGHTING AND SUFFERING:
         1. Lack of wisdom
         2. Desire
         3. Lack of love/conditional love
         4. Psychological pains, social fears and anger (caused by painful words and deeds)

III. THERE IS AN END TO SUFFERING AND FIGHTING

IV. THIS IS THE WAY TO END FIGHTING AND SUFFERING:
         1. Seek wisdom - read the books "Song of the Bird" by Anthony de Mello, the Holy Bible
                                 and the teachings of Buddha. Wisdom brings universal love and contentment to a person
         2. Contentment - wisdom and mental-perfection brings contentment and inner peace
         3. Universal love - Wisdom, contentment and mental-perfection brings universal love to a person's mind
         4. Mental-perfection - Meditate and undergo Primal Therapy
cusack5239

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 05:16:26 PM »

I've never heard something so ridiculous as a Buddhist teaching "Truth" to people who are thought to be reading  about Nostradamus.

I've decoded the Voynich Manuscript. It s the Tibetan Bible. There! One of the 25 most intriguing mysteries in the world solved. They get it from the Hebrews and Egyptians. More on my blog, Cusack's model of the universe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: