Nostradamus.org Forums
September 19, 2017, 07:13:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Nostradamus.org - biography, quatrains and all things Nostradamus!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: The "Standard Picture"  (Read 38807 times)
safe

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2010, 05:04:45 PM »

The "Standard Picture" is what I see Nostradamus and others as predicting as coming to pass for us.  I'll let other people post their versions first if they want, but then I'll post what I expect.

By definition your own "Standard Picture" needs to have not already been violated, so be sure to be clear about what you are defining.

2012 is the alignment of the galactic center with the earth so Nostradamus seems to have keyed off of that for his time reference, but I suspect that 2012 will just be the beginning and was never intended to be exact.  (so just because 2012 will come and go you can't assume we're in the clear)
safe

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 04:14:33 PM »

Where do I start?

First we need a foundation upon which mediums are capable of actually sensing things outside their own time.  From a scientific standpoint you need to be able to "connect the dots" so that Nostradamus isn't just a lunatic or a scoundral.  

How do we do this?

You can't go much further back than the "Big Bang" itself when all of the universe was a singularity.  It's hard for us to comprehend that we were all matter that was packed together so tightly that matter itself didn't exist.

Step One...  Recognize that at one time all things were ONE.

As time became a reality matter come into existence and we start to see the RELATIONSHIP of matter to space.  Remember that in the beginning there really isn't time or space because a singularity means everything is one.

Time becomes simply the way that matter and space interacts on the level which we perceive it.  I say "perceive" because we next have to grapple with the Newtonian Physics verses Quantum Level Physics differences.  Basically what is "real" at a large scale isn't the same at small scales.  Weird things happen like you can get two electrons in a state of quantum coherence (synchronized) and then separate them.  You then alter the vibration of one and the OTHER electron is altered.  This VIOLATES the principle of locality which we think is "normal" at the scale of matter where we humans live.  In one experiment they separated the electrons by 50 miles and the coherence remained...  talk about NON-LOCALITY !!!  (imagine a super secret radio based on this...  impossible to crack)

Step Two...  is to realize that matter is now more complex and behaves differently depending on the scale on which we look at it.

What is happening "underneath" the Quantum coherence situation?  The answer seems to be that there is some "other dimension" upon which all things are connected.  It's as though the universe was created with many dimensions, but as organic and evolutionary creatures there was no need to be aware of more than three of them, plus a shallow understanding of time.

Step Three...  is to realize that "hidden dimensions" appear to connect everything together NOW in the exact same was as when everything was a Singularity.  In effect the Singularity never went away, but just expanded.  The "strings" that connect everything are still there, but we can't quite understand them yet.

How does the human access these "hidden dimensions"?

Well, the brain is actually made up of large biological cells (neurons, etc) but it seems that what we experience as "consciousness" is really the electrical activity that is going.  To distort an old phrase:

"I think, therefore I am"  becomes "I think, therefore I am electrified"

...since the brain interacts with itself using matter (electrons) that are small enough to interact using Quantum Physics we can see how the body experiences one thing and the mind is capable of experiencing another.  The so called "Sixth Sense" is the minds ability to interact with it's own electrical functioning and probe deeper into the universe than the body can see, hear, or touch.

Step Four...  it to realize that our brains interact with the universe on the Quantum level and not just the mechanical level that Classical physics allows. (it's both)

A "medium" like Nostradamus has then trained himself to access this mysterious and unexplained "hidden dimension" of the universe.  Like an athlete, he would have taken years to get any good at it as it's something you can train for if you put in the effort. (starting with a clue helps and I suspect that good genetics is also important)

Nostradamus would just say something like "it's hard to explain" and probably stop at that. (especially given the church of his day)

Finally...  when you look out at the night sky and see darkness and distant stars remember that what you are seeing is the PAST.  Many of the stars may have passed away millions or billions of years ago.  It's like looking backwards in time every night and that's just the universe we live in. (it's freakishly weird if you study it enough)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 04:33:14 PM by safe » Logged
safe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 08:06:58 AM »

A short history of religion.

We start with the jews and the old testament that more or less follows the intellectual and moral development of that people.  Jesus comes late in the world view of the jews as he is born at a time AFTER the fall of the Roman Republic when the early Roman Empire is spreading it's progressive liberal culture throughout the region.  Jesus sees the jews becoming absorbed by the progressive Roman culture and reacts strongly against it.  Jesus dies as a protest and his followers begin to create a religion that is specifically designed to defeat the Roman culture. Christians are a reflected opposing image of progressive liberal values as seen in the Romans. (Christians back then are the same as Tea Party supporters today...  the same idea anyway)

Later the Romans "flip" and become themselves Christian, but they distort the message of Jesus...  as if a clear message can even be known given the circumstances. (it's just hard to say what Jesus would say about non-Roman situations)  The Catholic church becomes a sort of hybrid of Roman authority combined with some superficial aspects of the Christian faith.

Nostradamus is alive during the later Catholic period and is himself a jew, though he does all he can to present himself as a Catholic.  Since the Catholics repressed any real spiritual insights in favor of authoritarian techniques it was impossible for Nostradamus to be open and honest about his work in his time.

Later we got the Protestants that looked back into the origins of Christianity and brought back out the core truths.  This period was also when science and rationalism revolved around Newtonian physics that seemed to suggest that a rational world exists, is finite and predictable and human civilization could be formed based on such ideas.  America was the "great experiment" of these ideas.

Recently it's become clear that Quantum physics defines a world view that is alien to Newtonian physics at the smaller scale.  It's opened the door again to the pre-rational "spiritual" worldview.  However, today there are many Christians that haven't a clue about any of what I just wrote and perceive their faith in a simplistic Catholic kind of way basing their faith mostly on emotion.

So overall we live in an age where it's "okay" to seek the spiritual "Quantum Physics" perspective of existence without fear of the church repressing anything.  

Things today are the polar opposite (as regards the church) to the time of Nostradamus.

(we can discuss without any fear at all which is a good thing)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 08:14:50 AM by safe » Logged
Nostradamus.org Forums
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 08:06:58 AM »

ods

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 02:33:19 AM »

As it is, I don't agree with your oppinion. If I would agree, then I might not answer at all. However, I see some major problems using your picture.

Just a word to 2012. I assume, nothing really important will happen that year or at 21.12. Also I don't understand the trouble around that date. If a calendar "ends", then a great millenium party should take place, isn't it? I assume, all the 2012 stuff is fear for nothing.

Of course, Nostradamus predicts what will come in the future. In his prefaces he says that very clearly. So there is a general problem how this can happen or be true. No human being has sense organ for looking in the future. Nostradamus gives an answer for that, especially in the first prefaces, although we may not really understand the answer in the end. Three things are needed:
occult knowledge, puissance/talent/ability and goodly/divine power/ability.

So you reject his statement what is necessary to get the information. On the other hand you (may) believe to the information itself.

The next problem I see is about the "coherenced electrons" experiment. If we - as human beings - are able to realize the quantum state of an electron, then we are "inside" or a part of the experiment. Then the information is useless, because we don't know anything about the other electron. If we are "outside" the experiment, then we may have information about an electron far away instantaneous. But in both cases it does not solve the problem, even if we were both inside and outside of the experiment. Additionally I think it is impossible for me to realize the quantum state of an electron in my brain and additionally transform this information into a "vision". If this would be possible, then we are a part of the experiment, but not outside. However, no information about the future can be retrieved by this kind of perception at all.

I will give a comparison, that shows my opinion about this item, at least indirectly. Let's assume, we human beings are like musical instruments, e.g. a piano. This piano is a very complex piano, and it has also a microphone. So it can "speak" and "listen" and react on that, what it hears. And it plays until it is very old or damaged and cannot be repaired any more.

Then one piano (=Nostradamus) says/sounds, that he knows what will be played in the future. Of course, this is a very surprising and dramatic sound. A special kind of ultrasound cannot solve the problem. A pure piano will never be able to know what will be played in the future.

The problem can be solved by assuming, that additionally to the piano there exists a pianist. In this comparison the pianist is the soul (or use a different word if you like, the comparison is little weak at all). The pianist can only just play the music of his present music sheet. If he wants to know about the future sound, then the help of the composer (=god) is needed. So by asking - or getting the information from - the composer there is no general problem any longer.

In my opinion this comparison in not very far away from the explanation given by Nostradamus; obviously there are differences at all, and some other problems still remain unsolved. But the assumtion, that we human beings are only and solely a biological machine, makes a valid prediction in the future impossible. Nevertheless I know, that this assumption is popular.

Best regards
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 04:38:04 AM by ods » Logged
Ecosse

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 02:32:57 AM »

What evidence is there that Nostradamus was a Jew? his grandparents converted to Christianity and his grandfather educated him and Nostradamus was buried in a Christian church. Bit odd, given that in those times, even practising other religions could have one liquidated.

ods

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 08:06:50 AM »

What evidence is there that Nostradamus was a Jew?

None. Why do you ask? In opposite, he is quoting the Bible Mt 7.6:
As the true Saviour said, "Give not that which is holy unto dogs, nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn and rend you."

and Mt 11.25:
Thou hast hidden these things from the wise and the prudent, that is, from the powerful and from kings, and hast revealed them to the small and the weak.

and surely some more. And there are much more hints that he was a christian.
Ecosse

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 03:15:40 PM »

To be practising "the dark arts" puts Nostradamus outside the church as well as his jokes about the Virgin!
Nostradamus.org Forums
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 03:15:40 PM »

safe

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 02:41:42 PM »

In my opinion this comparison in not very far away from the explanation given by Nostradamus; obviously there are differences at all, and some other problems still remain unsolved. But the assumtion, that we human beings are only and solely a biological machine, makes a valid prediction in the future impossible. Nevertheless I know, that this assumption is popular.

This was the primary obstacle that I was hoping to address.

As "modern humans" who are trained as rational beings all the vague occult knowledge of Nostradamus can seem like absolute garbage.  And yet I know in my own life that I have had experiences that "seemed" to be like that of a Medium.  You know what I'm talking about...  you have some image pop into your head or a dream and then the information from that turns out to have relevance in real life.  Somehow either the mind is tricking itself into an association that doesn't really exist or you've kind of stumbled upon a vision that you had no control over and really don't fully understand.  It happens on a pre-rational intuitive level.

My goal was to present (using Quantum Physical truths) a framework of the world and how our biology and electrical consciousness might interact so that Mediums are not just fools or scoundrels.

Maybe it's all a fraud or self deception.

Or maybe there's something to the nature of reality itself where living creatures can somehow have a murky vision into the bigger picture.

...if we are to be talking about Nostradamus we have to begin with an acceptance that without a framework that really works the whole exercise is a waste.  

Those that think it's a waste of time are literally wasting their time reading this and are themselves the fool because they are the ones who are not thinking clearly. (they are contradicting themselves by reading and answering)

So we have to begin with "acceptance" that multiple dimensional reality is "the reality" and not Newtonians world view.  It's the only thing we can do...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 03:18:56 PM by safe » Logged
safe

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 02:47:06 PM »

The Letter To Henry

Many people are "hooked" into Nostradamus by a quatrain that they come across and try to "work backwards" from the quatrain with bad results most of the time.  The better way to introduce yourself to Nostradamus is with the Letter to Henry.

You can find this in various places, but here's some examples:

http://www.nostradamus101.com/prophecies/final/

http://www.nostradamus.org/q_en_epistle.php

---------------------------------------------

"For hereupon the principal Eastern chief will be vanquished by the Northerners and Westerners, and most of his people, stirred up, will be put to death, overwhelmed or scattered. His children, offspring of many women, will be imprisoned. Then will be accomplished the prophecy of the Royal Prophet, Let him hear the groaning of the captives, that he might deliver the children of those doomed to die.

What great oppression will then fall upon the Princes and Governors of Kingdoms, especially those which will be maritime and Eastern, whose tongues will be intermingled with all others: the tongue of the Latins, and of the Arabs, via the Phoenicians. And all these Eastern Kings will be chased, overthrown and exterminated, but not altogether, by means of the forces of the Kings of the North, and because of the drawing near of our age through the three secretly united in the search for death, treacherously laying traps for one another. This renewed Triumvirate will last for seven years, and the renown of this sect will extend arount the world. The sacrifice of the hole and immaculate Wafer will be sustained.

Then the Lords of "Aquilon" [the North], two in number, will be victorious over the Easterners, and so great a noise and bellicose tumult will they make amongst them that all the East will tremble in terror of these brothers, yet not brothers, of "Aquilon" [the North]."

This appears to be the outcome of the coming WWIII.  America and Russia will start WWIII as mortal enemies, but by the time of Chiren (the Western leader) they are unified against the Eastern forces and muslim terrorists who they defeat.

The "two brothers" are America and Russia.

-------------------------------------------

Okay...  that's a lot of information too quickly right?  Well yeah, but I figured I'd jump to the end first and get people into the center of a discussion.  Once you sort of envision what Nostradamus was saying then things will sort of fit into place.

The vision is called the "Standard Picture" (what I call it anyway) and hopefully I'll get through it all over time.  This stuff takes a lot of time to do and I've pretty much already "got it" a few years ago, so now I'm more or less just retelling what I've already figured out.

--- WWIII ---

America and Russia nuke each other.

America and Russia (severely damaged) unite with Chiren to retake Europe as the muslims there are behaving badly.

Chiren and the West win the war.

Peace is restored, but years later there are more wars.

Things are never as good as it was in the 1990's for humanity for generations to come.

(those literally were the "good old days")

------------------------------------

Note: I owe an enormous feeling of gratitude to this website:

http://ww-iii.tripod.com

...as it guided me to the formation of the "Standard Picture". 

I receive no money for saying this.  (people always suspect bad intentions)

It's too bad that forum got shut down, but it makes sense because they had all these creepy anti-Israel types on there.  Rather than debate Nostradamus they tended to just slam Israel all the time.  In Nostradamus Israel is not "bad" at all and isn't even really central to the story because WWIII is mostly an East vs West thing.  (though some will argue that Israel helps to stoke the fires leading into WWIII and that may be a valid point)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 03:26:54 PM by safe » Logged
nunyabizz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 03:46:50 PM »

So are you arguing for or against the order of ONE ?  or just talking to yourself being part of the one ? 
safe

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 09:09:05 AM »

Nostradamus was forced to be intentionally cryptic because of the risk of persecution during his age by the church.

We don't have to...

And to be purposely cryptic now means you want to play the role of "secret knowledge holder" like the astrologers in the time of Nostradamus.

Use plain language and explain your meaning better.

(avoid elitism)

Century VI, 100
Let those who read this verse consider it profoundly,
Let the profane and the ignorant herd keep away:
And far away all Astrologers, Idiots and Barbarians,
May he who does otherwise be subject to the sacred rite.

...don't be an astrologer if you get my drift.  : )
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 10:00:15 AM by safe » Logged
Nostradamus.org Forums
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 09:09:05 AM »

safe

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 09:18:58 AM »

Chiren (Chyren)

Chiren is THE central figure of WWIII.

He becomes the leader of the Western forces in the latter part of WWIII.  He unifies the Americans and Russians in a campaign to liberate Europe which has been suffocated by internal muslim terrorism and attacks originating from the middle east.  Eventually Chiren becomes the "sole victor" of WWIII and brings about peace.  The name "Chiren" is likely not literal and there is debate about it's metaphorical meaning.  

Then will be accomplished the prophecy of the Royal Prophet, Let him hear the groaning of the captives, that he might deliver the children of those doomed to die.

Muslims will be imprisoned in large quantities, but due to the Holocaust a repeat of the massive cremation of muslims (jews) is not done in Europe and instead the choice is to let the women and children of the muslim terrorists be free.

This mercy upon muslim terrorists enhances the image of Chiren as being both ruthless in exterminating the muslim threat, but also generous in allowing the innocent to survive.  This goes a long way towards making things peaceful after the war.

The great Chyren will be the Chief of the World,
after "Plus oultre" loved, feared and dreaded.
His fame and praise go beyond the heavens
and he will be greatly satisfied with the sole title of victor - VI.70

Of Trojan blood he will be born with a German heart
and will rise to a very great power.
He will drive out the foreign, Arabic nation
and return the Church to her early glory - V.74

Selin king, Italy peaceful, kingdoms
united by the Christian King of the World.
When he dies he will want to lie in Blois territory,
having chased the pirates from the sea - IV.77

The great man led captive from a foreign land,
chained in gold, offered to King CHYREN.
He who in Ausonia, Milan will lose the war
and all his army put to fire and sword - IV.34

The king of Europe will come like a griffon,
accompanied by those of the North;
he will lead a great troop of red and white,
they will go against the king of Babylon - X.80
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 10:03:19 AM by safe » Logged
safe

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 08:21:31 AM »

Mixing Nostradamus Prediction with Todays Falsehoods

Part of what Nostradamus does for us is to show us in our own time truths that we are now deceiving ourselves about.  The truth is that the old USSR did change, but it's political character really never did.

Russia and America are the "two brothers" of Nostradamus and they begin the war as nuclear enemies, but end the war on the side of Chiren with the West. (defeating the muslims)

-------------------------------------

This is an article taken from recent events that correctly identifies the "Standard Picture" of Nostradamus while the person writing the article has NO KNOWLEDGE of Nostradamus.  As a scientist this would be like doing an experiment with a "double blind" test subject who gives answers without any chance of being biased towards a Nostradamus outcome.

http://www.financialsense.com/contributors/jr-nyquist/the-future-of-europe

The Future of Europe

Submitted by JR Nyquist on Fri, 19 Nov 2010

Earlier this week I spoke at length with former KGB Lt. Col. Victor Kalashnikov, who has been traveling in Germany. Kalashnikov wanted to talk about British Gen. Sir David Richards, who was interviewed in the Sunday Telegraph. Here was the British Chief of Staff explaining that "you can't defeat the Taliban or al Qaeda militarily." In fact, clear-cut victory is unnecessary, said Richards. All we have to do is contain Islamic militants, so our lives won't be disrupted. Upon reading this, Kalashnikov wondered about a shift from offensive strategy to defensive.

Under George W. Bush the West was on the offensive. American and British troops, together with NATO forces in Afghanistan, were taking the war to the enemy. But this has apparently changed. After following Bush's strategy for a spell, President Obama wants to pull American troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan, and Europe is not going to fill the gap. One might ask what is going on. Why does it matter whether Europe follows an offensive or defensive strategy? The struggle against radical Islamic forces, says Kalashnikov, hasn't been placed in proper context. "The West is slow to grasp that the end of the Cold War merely signified a shift toward asymmetrical warfare." Kalashnikov is reminding us that during the Cold War the West was confronted by the massive tank armies of the Warsaw Pact. But now the West faces something different. The Russian side did not give up its quest for the "Common European House." It merely changed the game, and altered the mode of conflict.

Russia hoped that the unification of Germany in 1990 would lead to the breakup of NATO. Feeling cheated when this didn't happen, another front was activated. According to Kalashnikov, Moscow "engaged" Saddam Hussein to invade Kuwait, luring the West into a strategic trap while making itself the West's indispensible partner. Once the West had decisively intervened in the affairs of the Middle East, it was only a matter of time before the provocation of 9/11 would utterly distort Western strategic priorities. Here is the brilliance of asymmetrical warfare, says Kalashnikov. The West is now involved in a conflict described by a leading British general  as "unwinnable." So the West goes over to the strategic defense while turning to Russia for support.  "And that," says Kalashnikov, "is going to be the West's position for the next 30 years!"

After attending a series of meetings in Germany, Kalashnikov could only shake his head: "I got the idea of some sort of distortion of mind.... They are still under the impact of the Cold War, as they understand it. But they didn't understand. Even military experts have an odd idea of what happened twenty years ago. They don't see that ... the bloc confrontation was replaced by another one." Kalashnikov said it was difficult to understand the Germans and the British. "NATO is not united as before," he noted. "And if we sound out countries, we find a different story in different countries. There is a difference between America and Europe, and serious differences between Europeans."

And part of the reason for NATO's weak and divided situation? It is NATO's enlargement. If Estonia feels threatened by Russian troops on its border, does America take notice? According to Kalashnikov, "The question used to be how America would react if Moscow caused serious troubles in Western Europe. Now there is a further question. How would America react if Russia arranged trouble with regard to Estonia or Lithuania? If we notice the increasing economic ties to Russia, the potential for blackmailing or pressuring NATO has increased in recent years, and NATO has become more vulnerable." And there is another thing, Kalashnikov explained. Russian influence throughout the Baltic States and Poland is growing. "Russian delegations are coming one after another," he observed. "Despite all the rhetoric, Russian influence is on the rise in Central Europe as well. Then we see the story with Ukraine. It is a clear case where NATO has retreated from its previous intention to make Ukraine into a full-fledged member. Now there is no movement in this direction. And we see growing Russian influence with certain Islamic and Arab powers as well; so we hear calls for Russia to become involved in the Middle East peace process."

Why is Russian influence growing? "I was at the German Defense Ministry," said Kalashnikov. "They are preoccupied with the European theater during the late Cold War, which is not correct. If we recall the global picture of events, the Soviet Union launched the biggest military operation on African soil since the Second World War, advancing steadily toward South Africa. Down in the Eastern part of Angola, about 1,400 tanks and armored vehicles participated in a large maneuver. Eventually, the South African Communist Party was brought to power through the ANC. So the battle for power in South Africa was won by the Soviet side. This is especially remarkable, since South Africa was a nuclear power at the time, with four or five nuclear devices."

It is remarkable, indeed, that a former KGB officer should remind us of something we never properly learned. "That is just one example," explained Kalashnikov. "Then there was the installation in Central America of certain people, like Daniel Ortega, who are still in place. There is a larger military situation, which is global, and is underestimated in its importance by Western analysts. There is an incorrect political assessment of what happened twenty years ago," he added. "They consider the fall of the Soviet Union as a decisive moment. What they missed was, that the forces of the Soviet Union retreated and regrouped. So what we have today is an obvious phenomenon. We have asymmetric warfare [i.e., terrorism] targeting Western capitals. Moscow has tenfold superiority over NATO in terms of tactical nuclear rockets. And that category is beyond any discussions between NATO and Russia. Moscow simply denies any need for talks on this."

The political establishments of the Western countries cannot confront the truth of what has happened. Hard decisions, in this case, are to be avoided. It is now unthinkable to devote resources to a new round of confrontations with Moscow. "And frankly speaking," said Kalashnikov. "The West is not so well equipped to react properly. In the case of the Germans, they nodded their heads and agreed with me. But what are they doing about it? Nothing. Here is Russia, pressing on the borders of NATO and supporting Hugo Chavez, and being victorious in Africa, and Europe is stuck with a crisis because millions of Muslims have immigrated here."

The Germans attempted to adopt politically correct attitudes toward Muslims. Now they see this is untenable, that they have a problem with so many Muslim immigrants in their midst. "The Germans are realizing they made a mistake and they cannot control the Muslim problem," says Kalashnikov. "So they expect a shift in politics, in culture, etc. So there is a huge complexity of problems that Western governments avoid to address, because they don't feel comfortable addressing them properly, let alone solving them. But the people in Moscow see this quite clearly."

One might say there are countries whose leaders look thirty years ahead, like we find in the Kremlin; and there are countries that wake up to find themselves fighting unwinnable wars and mired in hopeless domestic crises. "The Germans complained that the Russians are recruiting their people, extracting political information from them in a traditional way," Kalashnikov said with mild amusement. "They imagined the Russians had stopped doing this. But no, the Russians are still spying on Western leaders and attempting to study their political thinking. It is a systematic process of stealing confidential information from European leaders. And there is muted reaction from the Europeans."

NATO is disoriented, and must turn to Russia. At the same time, America and the dollar are growing weaker. There is a philosophy behind this process, says Kalashnikov. "Western intellectuals are still influenced by the idea of progress. That is basically wrong." The former KGB officer laughed at the idea that Russia would adopt Western values. "We are not about progress," he admitted. "Russians are happy already. The Russian elite ... would never admit that Western norms would ever be transferred to Russia.... So there is a huge barrier, of the kind which can never be removed. The West thinks they are at a higher stage than Russia; but that is the source of many mistakes.

--------------------------------

We seem to have a perfect match between Nostradamus prediction and current events.  (assuming you haven't blinded yourself with self deceptions)  The "Standard Picture" of Nostradamus shows no signs of becoming incorrect. (after nearly a decade)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 08:32:37 AM by safe » Logged
safe

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 05:10:52 PM »

http://ww-iii.tripod.com/

It is hard to understand at this stage why Russia would suddenly attack Europe. Yet, most of the prophecies seem to agree on this part. Logically too, it is only Russia which has the capability to take on the might of USA and Europe, even after the break up of its empire. It still has sufficient nuclear weapons, technology and manpower to do so. The overall picture of the events leading to the World War is not clear. What appears from some prophecies is that immediately preceding the war, Russia would have tensions with the west over some Middle Eastern affair. But the actual war would begin after the assassination of a political leader in the Balkan area, who could be the famous "Mabus" often discussed in the context of Nostradamus's prophecies. The Russian attack might be a result of its perception that the assassination, probably in one of its friendly countries, could be a prelude to an western invasion and the best way would be to pre-empt it. A major terrorist attack on the US, assassination of some world leaders and another war in the Middle East may precede the Third World War, apart from numerous natural disasters. Some prophecies say that before the 3rd World War, Israel would grant statehood to Palestine. Then oil would be discovered there and a war would start between Israel and Palestine. It is probable that it is this war that would generate tensions between USA and Russia, since US and Russian fleets are said to confront each other in a tense standoff in the Mediterranean before the war in yet another prophecy.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/news.aspx/139163

Central Israel Oil Discovery: 1.5 Billion Barrels

by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu

Estimates of the amount of oil in the Rosh HaAyin discovery have rises to 1.5 billion barrels, and there is more oil off-shore, but it is not yet known how much of the “black gold” can be extracted for commercial use.

The new estimate, along with the gas and oil finds off the Mediterranean Coast, raise the likelihood that Israel will be self-sufficient for energy for the next three decades and even become an exporter of gas. The amount of oil at Rosh HaAyin represents a tiny percentage of Israel's oil consumption, but development is continuing in the area as well as in the Dead Sea.

...remember that the original "Standard Picture" website first posted that about a decade ago.  The discovery of oil is recent.

--------------------------------

Though to be fair there were indications from geologists that the potential for large oil and natural gas discoveries in the area were likely...  but the actual confirmation wasn't until more recently.  So at the time of the original "Standard Picture" writing the idea that large oil discoveries were possible was still a "theory" at that time.  (so you can argue it was a "good guess" based on those events)

It's not big deal I guess.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 05:26:33 PM by safe » Logged
Ecosse

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 08:02:08 PM »

Perhaps one of the most amusing aspects on Nostradamus is the lack of intelligence displayed by said commentators and readers alike, one can literally claim anything attributed to the French prognosticator !
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: