Nostradamus.org Forums
July 29, 2014, 01:51:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Nostradamus.org - biography, quatrains and all things Nostradamus!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who is Mabus?
Nostradamus!
Saddam Hussein
Abu Musab al Zarqawi
George W Bush
George H Bush
Osama Bin Laden
None of the Above
Nobody is
Barack Obama

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Who is Mabus?  (Read 86692 times)
marilyn

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2011, 06:17:29 PM »

I think the quatrain should be read quite literally.
It does not state that Mabus is in any way evil.
The quatrain states that Mabus "will soon die", and after his death, terrible things will happen.
Why will terrible things happen?
I suggest it is because Mabus has truly remarkable skills, to keep peace and fend off the evil, for so long as he is alive.

I propose that Mabus is Ray Mabus. 
I propose that the quatrain suggests that Mabus will rise to a prominent position of power, and with his outstanding characteristics and skills, will keep the impending evil at bay.
Unfortunately, Mabus will only be in the prominent position for a short time, and then will pass away, but the manner of his death is not stated, either by natural or other causes.

After Mabus dies, there will be no one to fill the gap, and all hell will break loose on earth.

When you look at Ray Mabus' qualities, he is an incredibly competent military man and diplomat.  He is also advanced in years.
safe

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2011, 07:45:44 PM »

Ray Mabus has an interesting story.

Back in 2006 he left his post in Saudi Arabia (I think) after a successful term and we in the Nostradamus community had completely written him off as being eligible.  After all an old guy in retirement isn't going to be central to any story.  Then in 2008 when Obama brought him back to serve in Defense he suddenly gets revived as the main candidate for Mabus of Nostradamus.

I think in all probability his death will be more about timing...  he dies just before WWIII gets rolling in a big way.  This doesn't necessarily mean there is any "cause and effect" about his death, but it does operate as a signpost to the timeline.  Ray Mabus holds no significance other than being an important public figure who dies.

So I would just think to myself:

"Is Ray Mabus still alive and still in a position of power?  If so, then we still have plenty of time before WWIII.  But if he's dead then you need to start to do whatever you can to try to prepare for a war that will likely kill billions of people."

With that criteria we can still sleep peacefully.  (for now)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 07:50:38 PM by safe » Logged
marilyn

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2011, 05:35:21 PM »

Safe,

That makes total sense too.

When it comes to the issue of our "safety", though, one must also remember that Nostrodamus was a Christian.

When I was (much) younger, I tried very hard to study and understand the prophecies in the Bible, and eventually came to a brick wall.  I understood as much as I could understand.

I have recently become interested in Nostradamus, and am finding that the Nostradamus and biblical prophecies do not contradict, rather, they augment each other.

The Bible does say that the ability to prophecy is a gift.  It seems to be a rare human gift, and it seems that no one ever appreciates a prophet in their time.  Clearly, these various prophecies are intended to alert the intelligent to prepare for what is to come.

If Mabus is Ray Mabus, then he will "soon die", and it may be time to prepare, and not to feel safe. 
Nostradamus.org Forums
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2011, 05:35:21 PM »

safe

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2011, 12:12:09 PM »

Oh I don't know...  if you are an attractive female I might not mind being felt up.  (joke)

Anyway...

I think the basis of all of this can be found in physics.  Based on what little we know about the way our universe fits together there seems to be "hidden dimensions" of matter when you get down to the smallest quantum level.  Our minds operate using a mix of classical physics and quantum physics and consciousness appears to be the result of simple electricity. (electricity is itself made of quantum sized matter)

The "bottom line" is that we carry on with our normal lives thinking that we are flowing through time in a linear way, but in reality we are sort of like in a Rubics cube where time, space and matter all sort of present themselves as a single entity.

Our rare individuals that find access to comprehend reality become able to sense things outside the timeline we go through. (mediums, prophets)

------------------------

The bible was to ancient times what an encylopedia or the internet is today.  It was the collective teachings of the Jews (Old Testament) and the new revelations during the Roman Empire. (Jesus and the New Testament)  

Unfortunately the internet has no "editing" function, so we are essentially without morals as we zoom about on the internet.  In the old days information was controlled by the church which had it's good points and it's bad points.

The "Enlightenment" was a wonderful time for human development because they still held the moral principles of the bible, but were free to explore science.  Now things are not so good because the religious aspect of living is being drowned out by the information overload of the internet and now the use of cellphones with computers.

When WWIII happens (it could be a long time still) we will see a return to more religious thinking.  Every time a civilization is brought to ruin, either economically or through war the people adapt and gain their senses again.

Christianity will make a "comeback".  Nostradamus says so!!!

(it might be a new creed though...  a new religion based on Christianity but with new revelations)

If a "representative from god" comes his name might not be Jesus.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 12:19:54 PM by safe » Logged
Ecosse

View Profile Email
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2011, 02:35:21 PM »

Safe,

That makes total sense too.

When it comes to the issue of our "safety", though, one must also remember that Nostrodamus was a Christian.

When I was (much) younger, I tried very hard to study and understand the prophecies in the Bible, and eventually came to a brick wall.  I understood as much as I could understand.

I have recently become interested in Nostradamus, and am finding that the Nostradamus and biblical prophecies do not contradict, rather, they augment each other.

The Bible does say that the ability to prophecy is a gift.  It seems to be a rare human gift, and it seems that no one ever appreciates a prophet in their time.  Clearly, these various prophecies are intended to alert the intelligent to prepare for what is to come.

If Mabus is Ray Mabus, then he will "soon die", and it may be time to prepare, and not to feel safe. 

The difference between Nostradamus and the Bible Nostradamus was a future historian, the Bible well just a bunch of paranoids trying to scare the Israelis into behaving themselves.
safe

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2011, 03:22:51 PM »

It's most likely that Revelations was directed at Rome as a metaphor.  There are many things in the story that directly match that of Rome and the 666 number can be translated into Nero.  In all probability the prophecy was expected to come true for the jews a long time ago.

The metaphor does have a universal quality to it that every generation seems to latch onto...  and you never know...  maybe WWIII is the same thing as Revelations.

I tend to stick to Nostradamus because his vision doesn't have a climactic end to it.  His prophecies stretch out to something like the year 3500 or so and he doesn't say the world ends at that point, but just that he does not go beyond that time.

On TV they always want to associate Nostradamus with the "End of the World" which is completely false.  In fact, the story that Nostradamus paints for WWIII is somewhat positive in that the Western forces defeat the radical Muslims and peace does return.  There is far more optimism for the long term prospects of humanity in Nostradamus than people give him credit.

Nostradamus is basically saying no matter how much humans screw things up we still exist on the earth ALIVE up to the year 3500 and beyond.  That's very optimistic and positive.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 03:24:54 PM by safe » Logged
Ecosse

View Profile Email
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2011, 03:15:29 PM »

Methinks you miss the  point  Nostradamus makes, human life finishes this century the planet in 3797!
1000 rhymes 2 per year = 500 years 1555> 2055.
Nostradamus.org Forums
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2011, 03:15:29 PM »

safe

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2011, 04:52:44 PM »

Not true.

Nostradamus simply says that he sees a certain period of time into the future and after that he doesn't know.  Up to the point his "crystal ball" goes cloudy the earth still has humans and things are fine.

Nostradamus is not an "End of the World" prophet...  he simply gives us a "Standard Picture" to follow and we are free to diverge if we can.  It's unclear if Nostradamus thinks we are capable of changing the future, he seems to think it "might" be possible, but then he goes about telling us a static picture of things.

I guess until the "Standard Picture" Nostradamus created becomes invalid we have to assume that the future will fit into his vision...  (like it or not)

----------------------------------

In Star Trek when there are infinite possible outcomes they call it the "Infinite Universes" theory.  They've had many episodes dealing with this sort of thing.  We don't know if that theory is valid.  

The bible says it's the "Book of Life" and is therefore unchanging.  Every sin you make is permanently written into your cosmic record and it exists after you die. (and your life is judged by the totality of your sins as well as your good deeds)  It's only through the grace of god that you can be forgiven in the afterlife for your sins.

I guess you have to take your pick because "free will" is one of the earliest philosophical debates that man has had.  Nostradamus doesn't give an easy answer.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 05:00:26 PM by safe » Logged
Ecosse

View Profile Email
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2011, 03:12:09 PM »

Preface: chapter26.   
From this moment, before 177 years, 3 months and 11 days have passed, by pestilence, long famine, wars and, most of all, by floods, the world will be so diminished, with so few remaining, that no one will be found willing to work the fields, which will remain wild for as long a period as they had been tilled.

31.   You must see now, my son, that I find by my calculations, which are according to revealed inspiration, that the sword of death is now approaching us, in the shape of pestilence, war more horrible than has been known in three lifetimes, and famine. This famine will fall upon the earth, and return there often, according to the words I will visit their iniquities with a rod of iron, and will strike them with blows.'14

So no, Dr Spock!
3d-aholic

View Profile Email
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2011, 11:39:34 AM »

Mabus is none of these people and ALL of these people.  That was Nostradamus's point actually !

Mabus is an anagram for sud(d)am, osama, and obama
http://nostradamus.org/f/index.php?topic=312.0
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 12:18:56 PM by 3d-aholic » Logged
krystlerose

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2011, 02:34:06 PM »

Mabus is none of these people and ALL of these people.  That was Nostradamus's point actually !

Mabus is an anagram for sud(d)am, osama, and obama
http://nostradamus.org/f/index.php?topic=312.0

I just want to add that Bin Laden who now is dead - his name is sometimes spelled Usama Bin Laden.
The wrath of this antichrist would come more so after he is dead. Already we see his cronies, killing and vowing to kill for him.
Years after the World Trade Center, there was financial downfall. That was what Bin Laden was aiming at.
Right before and after his death, there would be worldwide natural disasters. Hurricanes, tsunamis, floods, tornadoes etc.
Nostradamus.org Forums
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2011, 02:34:06 PM »

3d-aholic

View Profile Email
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2011, 08:53:25 AM »

Mohammed is the antichrist.  666 be his name.  There are more people with the mark of the beast, (his name), then any other name.  Every male born under Islam is given some incarnation of the name of Mohammed.  The 3rd antichrist has already come and gone, yet more people have died and will die under his name than all other combined wars.  Everyone is looking for some "single person" to be born when the antichrist has already come and gone.  His followers already exist.  That is what the MaBus anagram means.  Its Suddam, Its Osama, its ALL these people....or it MAY B US.  Why does he say it MAY B US?

Because the last world war is fought over religion.  Its fought over whether Jesus christ is the savoir and whether the christi-Judao interpretation of the bible is correct or whether the Islamic/Muslim interpretation of the bible is correct.  If the Judaeo christian interpretation is correct and the old and new testament are the real books to follow, then the Anglo/American way of life is the correct practice of Gods ways.  If not, and if Mohammed was a real prophet, then the new testament is NOT a real fundament book on the teachings of God and Jesus was not a real prophet and the way of the Taliban and Iran is the real way God wants us to live.  Thats why it MAY B US.  Its because in the end times, God forces us to make a choice.  The New Testament says this and so does the Korean.  Both claim to be the religion of the day and both claim an end times and both claim that in the end times, there will be an attempt by another religion via an antichrist to overthrow their religion.  Muslims believe that the new testament is a ruse, a falsehood perpetrated by Satan on their religion.  I'm sure they believe that Obama is the antichrist just as much as the US believes that Osama is the antichrist.  Its amazing no one can see this at this point.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 08:59:19 AM by 3d-aholic » Logged
Aromaz

View Profile Email
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2011, 03:49:05 PM »

I have a reasonable HubPage about MABUS here:
http://hubpages.com/hub/MABUS

In short: I believe Q2-62 is referring to Senator Ray Mabus; using his iminent death as Time Pointer.
Currently Senator of the Navy is also the leading canidate for Secretary of Defence in July.

Starting short before his death there will be a major act of vengeance - revenge.  Consider the Sec of the Navy was the 4th most senior person involved with Osama bin Laden killing, current actions (NATO Lead by France) against Libya, etc.  The US Navy is main support group in the Med for all NATO attacks on Libya. Imagine a missile in the air; it will definitely look like a Comet.

However the quatrain is not about Mabus; it is about the act of vengeance.  Those in France  and related regions; including the Med fleets - are in great danger for an great act of revenge; soon before Mabus will die.  His death might be related to the Act of Vengeance; he might actually be killed in such act.  Being 75 years old, that does not leave much time either. 

However, the bottom line of this insident is that nobody can predict the exact time in the future; it will only be possible to link back after the full incident took place. 

BUT HERE IS THE VALUE: We will then have a more concrete 'formulae' or key to unlock other Quatrains.
SariCsepel

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2011, 03:16:46 AM »

I am a Newbie, but there is a Ray Mabus who was appointed by Obama and has something to do with the Navy.  Just a thought.
Ecosse

View Profile Email
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2011, 04:09:27 AM »

I have a reasonable HubPage about MABUS here:
http://hubpages.com/hub/MABUS

In short: I believe Q2-62 is referring to Senator Ray Mabus; using his iminent death as Time Pointer.
Currently Senator of the Navy is also the leading canidate for Secretary of Defence in July.

Starting short before his death there will be a major act of vengeance - revenge.  Consider the Sec of the Navy was the 4th most senior person involved with Osama bin Laden killing, current actions (NATO Lead by France) against Libya, etc.  The US Navy is main support group in the Med for all NATO attacks on Libya. Imagine a missile in the air; it will definitely look like a Comet.

However the quatrain is not about Mabus; it is about the act of vengeance.  Those in France  and related regions; including the Med fleets - are in great danger for an great act of revenge; soon before Mabus will die.  His death might be related to the Act of Vengeance; he might actually be killed in such act.  Being 75 years old, that does not leave much time either. 

However, the bottom line of this insident is that nobody can predict the exact time in the future; it will only be possible to link back after the full incident took place. 

BUT HERE IS THE VALUE: We will then have a more concrete 'formulae' or key to unlock other Quatrains.

Why Mabus is a central figure is in my own opinion a mystery, nowhere does this character emerge except to say the character dies when a Comet comes to the Planet wiping out many creatures.
As to Ray Mabus being the character well Nostradamus was clearly Not interested in the USA and being as there is precious little about that area in the works of Nostradamus they clearly are not important in the scheme of things to the European land mass.
However the USA is not totally missing in the story, just that what happens there is probably not palatable to the average reader.
Military Defeat and invasion.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
  Print  

Jump to: